Highlights & Inclusions
- 3 nights aboard the Indian Pacific, Sydney to Perth, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Broken Hill, Adelaide, Cook and Rawlinna
- Explore mining and artistic history in Broken Hill
- Visit the foodie capital of South Australia, Adelaide
- Witness the barren beauty of the Nullarbor Plain
- Discover the almost-ghost town of Cook
- Transfer from Rail Terminal to hotel
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Perth, including breakfast daily
- Full day Discover Rottnest tour, including lunch
- Cruise to Rottnest Island and meet a quokka
- Transfer from hotel to Perth Airport
- Return economy flights from Perth to Exmouth
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, including airport transfers, chef-prepared meals, snacks and beverages, National Park entrance fees and guided wilderness activities
- Discover hidden gems on a remote stretch of Western Australia’s Indian Ocean coast
- Beachside safari camping in eco-luxe wilderness tents nestled in the dunes of Cape Range National Park
- Explore Ningaloo Reef, home to over 500 species of colourful fish
- 1 day Whale Shark Swim (March to July) or Humpback Whale Swim (August to October), including travel onboard a luxury vessel, wetsuits and snorkel gear, morning tea, lunch and beverages
- Swim with the mighty giants of the ocean: whale sharks or humpback whales
- Transfer from Perth Airport to hotel
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
|Cabin||Fare Type||MARCH TO MAY, AUGUST, DECEMBER||JUNE TO JULY||SEPTEMBER TO OCTOBER|
|Gold Premium Twin||Advance Purchase Holiday *||$9,265||$9,395||$9,840|
|Gold Premium Twin||Everyday Holiday||$9,770||$9,845||$10,415|
|Gold Twin||Advance Purchase Holiday *||$8,665||$8,880||$9,155|
|Gold Twin||Everyday Holiday||$9,090||$9,260||$9,635|
|Gold Single||Advance Purchase Holiday *||$10,830||$11,045||$11,325|
|Gold Single||Everyday Holiday||$11,210||$11,380||$11,760|
Departing Sydney’s Central Station, get acquainted with your cabin and fellow travellers. Take in spectacular views as the Indian Pacific winds through the Blue Mountains. Tonight, you will enjoy your first meal on board – a regionally inspired dinner paired with fine wine and beverages. After dinner, consider a nightcap in the lounge before you retire to your cabin. (D)
OVERNIGHT: 3 nights Indian Pacific
After breakfast, prepare for your first Off Train Experience in Broken Hill, the Silver City. Explore mining heritage through visiting the Broken Hill Trades Hall and the striking Miners Memorial that stands over the town or for a different take on Broken Hill, go on a tour of the main drag with fabulous local Drag Queen sensation, Shelita Buffet.
Art aficionados may opt to visit the captivating Living Desert Sculpture site or take in the exhibitions at the oldest regional art gallery in New South. Alternatively, ignite a sense of nostalgia at Bells Milk Bar, an icon of Broken Hill, sipping on malted milk while a performance by Cindy and Johnny takes you back to the 50’s.
Lunch is served back on board as the Indian Pacific enters the southern tip of the ancient Flinders Ranges.
Arriving in Adelaide in the late afternoon, you’ll have the opportunity for an Off Train Experience, exploring the South Australian Museum or indulging in an epicurean experience. Visit the Barossa Valley or McLaren Vale to sample fine South Australian wines before an indulgent meal, or try a cheese or gin tasting in the charming Adelaide Hills village of Hahndorf before feasting at Haus, a German restaurant showcasing the best in local produce. Alternatively, visit Adelaide Central Markets for a tour and exclusive sit-down dinner.
After dinner, return to the train to continue your journey west. (B,L,D)
Today is all about those amazing outback views as you cross this famous stretch of the Australian interior, the ancient Nullarbor Plain, on the longest stretch of straight railway track in the world. En route, the Indian Pacific calls in to Cook, once-bustling, now almost-ghost town that was originally built as a support town for the railway.
Travelling further west, the next stop is at Rawlinna on the fringe of Australia’s largest sheep station for a signature dinner under a thousand stars (seasonal). (B,L,D)
Admire the delightful undulations of the Avon Valley and enjoy a final breakfast on board as the final stage of your transcontinental crossing unfolds, heading into Perth. Transfer to your accommodation, where your connection with the Indian Ocean begins. (B)
OVERNIGHT: 2 nights Ritz Carlton Perth
Make your way to Barrack Street Jetty and board Rottnest Express, bound for Rottnest Island, 22kms offshore. On arrival, a 90-minute air-conditioned bus tour around ‘Rotto’ takes you to some spectacular locations, including Wadjemup Lighthouse and the boardwalk lookout at the rugged west end. Feast on a delicious lunch before exploring the island at your leisure – make sure you meet a quokka. Return to Perth by ferry in the afternoon. (B,L)
You will be transferred to Perth Airport, where your flight to Exmouth transports you to another world. Your eco-luxury accommodation for the next three nights, Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, is a beachside safari camp with just 16 wilderness tents, surrounded by the pristine bush and beaches of the Cape Range National Park. Enjoy the day exploring this beautiful location, which teems with native wildlife. (B,D)
OVERNIGHT: 3 nights Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef
Prepare for a life-changing experience. Depending on the time of year, you have the opportunity to swim with whale sharks (March to July) or humpback whales (August to October) on spectacular Ningaloo Reef. These opportunities are restricted to small groups, and you will be escorted the whole way, travelling aboard a luxury vessel guided from above by a spotter plane. Snorkels and wetsuits are provided, and lunch is included. This is an encounter with nature that you’ll never forget. (B,L,D)
Today is yours to enjoy more of Ningaloo from your Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef base. Go snorkelling along the coral reef on your doorstep and swim among 500 species of fish, 250 species of coral and 600 species of mollusc.
Alternatively, join a guided walk through spectacular Mandu Mandu and Yardie Creek Gorges, go kayaking or try your hand at fishing. (B,L,D)
Your morning flight back to Perth leaves the afternoon free to take in more of the Western Australian Capital once you are transferred to your hotel from Perth Airport. (B)
OVERNIGHT: 1 night Ritz Carlton Perth
After breakfast, check out of your accommodation with memories made for sharing. (B)