Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn and redeem Qantas Points on eligible Journey Beyond rail itineraries booked by 15 December 2023 for travel by 31 December 2024.
Earn Qantas Points
Members can earn 1 Qantas point per AU$1* spent on eligible Journey Beyond rail itineraries booked by 15 December 2023 for travel by 31 December 2024. Qantas Points cannot be earned or redeemed on bookings for travel in 2025. Terms and conditions apply – see below.
If a member has made an eligible Journey Beyond rail booking by 15 December 2023 for departure by 31 December 2024, and has not yet added their Qantas Frequent Flyer details to their booking in order to earn Qantas Points, they can do this by calling Journey Beyond Travel Centre on 1800 019 642 at any time prior to travel. Qantas Points will be awarded within 8 weeks of completion of their journey.
Terms and Conditions
Qantas Frequent Flyer
*You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) member to earn and use Qantas Points. A joining fee usually applies, however Journey Beyond guests can join for free here. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions.
Earning Qantas Points
- Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn 1 Qantas Point per A$1 spent on Eligible Bookings. Eligible Bookings are Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions and Journey Beyond Rail Expedition Holiday Packages booked via journeybeyondrail.com.au by 15 December 2023 and for departure by 31 December 2024. To earn Qantas Points, a QFF member must make an Eligible Booking via journeybeyondrail.com.au and add their QFF details to the booking prior to the departure date. If you add additional QFF members to the booking and include their QFF numbers, the total points amount will be split equally. For example, if the entire booking will earn 10,000 Qantas Points and you add two QFF members details, each member will earn 5,000 Qantas Points. Eligible bookings exclude bookings made via Qantas Hotels; TripADeal; airfares packaged with a Journey Beyond Rail Expedition Holiday Package; bookings made with a promotional or discount code including staff, companion or Friends and Family discounts, travel industry discounts, trade and press familiarisations or prize winners; bookings of Groups and Charters (a Group is 10 guests or more travelling together on one booking. A Charter is when a dedicated train departure is booked by one group or organisation); or via a distribution partner who is already a participant in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, including but not limited to Globus and Cosmos.Points will be credited to the relevant Frequent Flyer account within 8 weeks of the completion of the journey. Qantas Points will be awarded to you based on the final amount of the travelled booking, where a refund is applied after your return, the Qantas Points will be determined by the final amount paid less the refund. Qantas Points will not be earned on cancelled bookings.
Journey Beyond Terms & Conditions apply. Journey Beyond reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Using Qantas Points
Classic Rail Rewards
- From 9 December 2020 to 15 December 2023 and for departure by 31 December 2024, QFF members will be able to redeem Qantas Points for Classic Rail Rewards on Eligible Rail Expeditions. Eligible Rail Expeditions are Gold Twin or Gold Single Cabins on Rail Expeditions excluding The Overland. Classic Rail Rewards can be redeemed using Qantas Points only.
- Qantas Points will be deducted in full at the time of booking.
- Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Rail Rewards.
- Classic Rail Rewards can be booked online at https://bookings.journeybeyondrail.com.au/ or by calling 1800 019 642, the latter will be subject to a Reward Assistance fee of $35 inclusive of GST.
- Classic Rail Rewards are subject to the fare rules of the Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions Everyday Fare in addition to the following:
- Classic Rail Rewards are fully refundable if you change your mind within 14 days of the completion of your booking. However, if you book within 45 days of the departure date and cancel the booking, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- There will be a cancellation fee of AU$200 or 25,000 Qantas Points per person if a booking is cancelled more than 14 days after booking and more than 45 days prior to departure. At the time of cancellation, you can choose how you wish to settle the cancellation fee.
- When the fee of AU$200 per person is selected, this must be paid directly to Journey Beyond, prior to the full Qantas Points amount being credited to the QFF member’s account. It may take up to 30 days for the Qantas Points to be credited to the Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- There will be a 100% cancellation fee for any booking that is cancelled less than 45 days prior to departure (you will not receive a refund in points).
- Changes to the travel date for Classic Rail Rewards bookings may be made by calling 1800 019 642 up to 14 days prior to departure. Changes are subject to the availability of the Classic Rail Rewards fare on the new travel date. An amendment fee of AU$35 per booking (including GST) will be applicable.