Stylishly appointed, spacious suites complemented by discreet, personalised service and world-class food and wine make this a very special travel experience.
Platinum guests enjoy extras like a full-size en suite, expansive window views from both sides of the train, and exclusive use of the Platinum Club carriage.
You’ll also notice the Champagne Bollinger, Australian Appelles Apothecary toiletries, a nightcap at turndown, luxuriously soft linen, and more … it’s this attention to detail that you’ll recall long after your journey’s end.
By day, your cabin is configured as a private lounge with deluxe seating, a table and two ottomans. By night, you’ll enjoy a deep, comfortable sleep as the lounges convert into a comfortable bedroom with either a double or twin beds.
It’s the perfect place to relax and take in the amazing views passing by your panoramic windows but, for a more social experience, head to the Platinum Club. Thoughtfully appointed to embody the spirit of the train’s Australian heritage, the décor features quartzite tabletops, timber flooring, brass fittings and leather banquette lounge seating in tones of ash, moss and sepia. The carriage offers a daytime lounge setting with adaptable dining options.
As you’d expect from first-class, the food and wine included in the Platinum is of the highest standard. Your fare includes hearty breakfasts, two-course lunches and four-course dinners. Vegetarian and special dietary meals are available when you make your booking. And, as a Platinum guest, the premium level begins before you even board with private transfers included at the start and end of your journey in Adelaide, Sydney, Alice Springs and Perth within a 60-kilometre drive of the terminal.
- Spacious Double or Twin cabin almost twice the size of a Gold Premium Twin or Gold Twin cabin
- All-inclusive dining, beverages, and Off Train Experiences
- By day, cabins are set up lounge-style with a moveable table and two ottomans
- By night, lounges are converted to double or twin beds
- En suite equipped with separate shower, vanity with cupboard space, and toilet
- Premium amenities, luxuriously soft linen and silk eye masks
- Power outlets and in-cabin safe
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary
- Panoramic windows offering views from both sides of the train
- Access to the exclusive Platinum Club for dining and socialising
- Freshly prepared continental breakfasts served upon request in-cabin
- Refreshments served in-cabin
- Transfers at the start and end of your journey available for guests within 60 km of the terminal (Platinum transfers in Darwin are provided in multi-passenger vehicles)
- 90 kg checked luggage allowance per guest (3 x 30 kg each)
- Priority luggage check-in