Spend hours deep in conversation with a travelling partner or lose yourself in a lifetime of thoughts. And after a day of off-train activities, your cabin provides the perfect place to relax and recharge before heading for the lounge or dining carriage. With room to stretch out and all the comforts of home, Gold is the most popular choice aboard The Ghan, Great Southern, and Indian Pacific. You’ll enjoy private cabin accommodation together with all-inclusive dining, beverages and a range of fascinating Off Train Excursions at key stops.
- For Gold Twin, a comfortable sleeper cabin featuring private en suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a three-seater lounge by day
- For Gold Single, a compact sleeper cabin featuring a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
- Power outlets in cabin
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary available
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- All-inclusive Off Train Experiences
- Luggage allowance is 60kg per guest
- Complimentary Shuttle bus transfers available in Darwin to selected hotels in the city centre
Gold Twin Cabins
The most popular choice of accommodation on The Ghan, Great Southern and Indian Pacific, Gold Twin cabins have everything you need to make you feel right at home for the amazing experience that lies ahead. This is your private oasis, a superbly comfortable overnight room to recline and let the rhythm of the tracks sway you to sleep ahead of your next adventure.
Gold Single Cabins
Australia’s iconic rail journeys offer purpose-built carriages to do it in superb style. Our Gold Single is a comfortable sleeper cabin option that offers all the luxurious inclusions of the Gold Twin such as fully inclusive dining with three gourmet meals per day, all-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages, and your choice of Off Train Experiences as you travel.
Queen Adelaide Restaurant
Step out of your spacious cabin and into the exclusive, classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant where an all inclusive menu is prepared by on-board chefs using fresh local fare. Our seasonal menu features mouth-watering dishes such as saltwater barramundi and grilled kangaroo fillet.
Gold fares include hearty breakfasts, two course lunches and three course dinners. Vegetarian, children’s and limited special dietary meals are available when you make your booking. You may also choose to complement your meal with our selection of wines and beverages which are also included in your fare.